Workplace Safety Solutions is a Mates in Mind Supporter
Mates in Mind is a leading UK charity raising awareness and addressing the stigma of poor mental health. We promote and lead on the development of positive mental wellbeing within the workplace. Mates in Mind works across industries, focusing on construction, as well as related sectors including transport, logistics, manufacturing, and others.
Demonstrating the positive impact business can make by raising awareness and tackling the stigma of poor mental health.
As supporters, we:
- Have a three year ‘contract’ with Mates in Mind
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Assessment – we will be undertaking an annual online assessment of WSS, summarising our current approach and will then receive recommendations and guidance on how to create and/or improve current processes. Mates also provide an industry benchmark to measure the progress of our programme.
- Mental Health General Awareness Programme – we will be trained to deliver ‘Start the Conversation’ training to all, helping those identify self-issues, spot signs in co-workers and give them the confidence to approach, listen and signpost individuals to where they can get help.
- Nationwide Counsellors – All employees can access nationwide counsellors. This includes one free phone or face-to-face session with a counsellor nationwide, with the option to obtain ongoing sessions at significantly reduced costs direct with the counsellor.
- Year-round campaign packs – Aligned with annual mental health related events to help supporters take advantage of events and key dates. Again this is information we can share with our clients – in bulletins/newsletters etc.
- Technical support lines – For HR and Line Managers; from helping us to create or update stress and mental health policies, to providing advice and guidance on our legal obligations, to supporting managers with team members experiencing a mental health problem, staying in or returning to work.
We look forward to working with Mates in Mind as we move to build a more positive and supportive culture across the sector.
Learn more about Mates in Mind.