Contact Us


Drop us a message

    First Name
    Last Name
    Your Email

    *We will never share your email with anyone else.

    Unit 16, Saffron Court, Southfields Industrial Estate, Basildon, Essex, SS15 6SS

    What can we help with?

    • Audits & Site Inspections
    • CDM Support
    • Competent Persons Assistance
    • Fire Risk Assesments
    • Health & Safety Management
    • Risk Assessments
    • Training
    • Other Services

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Your question may have been asked before, if it hasn’t – give us a call. We would love to talk!


    Do I really need a written Health and Safety Policy?
    By law, any person, business or undertaking that employs five or more people must have a written Health and Safety Policy.
    What are Health and Safety Regulations?
    Health and Safety Regulations are made under the Health and Safety at Work Act, usually to regulate specific hazards, such as lead, asbestos, pressure equipment, hazardous substances, noise, etc.
    What is a ‘Workplace Risk Assessment’?
    A Workplace risk assessment is a logical analysis of the hazards present in your work and the safeguards adopted to control the risk, to make sure that no harm can arise. Generally, risk assessments must be written down if you employ five or more people.
    What welfare facilities should I provide?
    People must have access to toilets and washing facilities. These may be provided by a main contractor on a site, by the client, or other means.
    What are hazardous substances?
    Any solid, liquid or gas that can result in ill health or harm. Can be either preparations (paints, coatings etc), materials (asbestos, cement), fuels or gases or harmful dusts.
    What is my responsibility for training?
    All employers have a duty to ensure that their employees are competent to do the work they undertake. Training is essential, particularly if changes are made to working methods, new machinery is introduced, or new substances are used.
    Do I need to display any signs, notices or posters?
    The HSE Health and Safety Law Poster must be shown in a visible and well-trafficked place in with workplace or each employee must be given a copy of it. Some of the other certificates you must also display are:

    > Employers’ Liability
    > Licensing Act
    > Weight and Measures Act
    > Food Labelling
    > The Protection From Tobacco Act - to not sell to anyone underage
    > No Smoking signs (in indoor areas)
    > Fire Safety
    > Food Hygiene Ratings - not a legal requirement but good practice
    What is the minimum temperature in the workplace?
    The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 refer specifically to the temperature in indoor workplaces. This set of regulations indicates that the temperature within buildings should be “reasonable”. There is no stated minimum or maximum temperature in the workplace. However, the minimum temperature in workrooms should normally be at least: · 16°C · Or 13°C if the work involves rigorous physical effort A maximum temperature cannot be given due to the high temperatures which cannot be avoided in some workplaces (eg glass works or foundries). In these circumstances, it is still possible to work safely provided appropriate additional controls are available. Note, this guidance does not apply to members of the public (eg complaints regarding the temperature in shops, cinemas, theatres etc are not applicable).